Bold Pinks - Givenchy, Mac & Shanghai Suzy.

It's been almost been 2 years since I did a beauty related post. 

While I was in Hong Kong last month, I decided to pick up a lipstick while duty free shopping. Sadly, this was my only duty free purchase as the Hong Kong prices are pretty much comparable to the Australian prices at the department stores. I'm pretty sure we don't stock Givenchy make up in Australia (or in Melbourne at least, I'm not too sure if Sephora stocks it). The lipstick I got was from there Le Rouge - A Porter range. I remember swatching a few other shades from this collection and they all seemed like sheer lip colours to me,

Anyways with medball coming up, I just wanted to share with you guys some of the bold pink lipsticks I am currently loving. I'm not too sure what colour I'll be using on the night, but the theme of the ball is 'Empire State of Mind'. Red would be ideal, but because I have a darker complexion, I'm more of a dark pink girl. Before I get onto the post, I wanted to show you the pretty packaging of the lipstick. 

Givenchy packaging never disappoints.

Yep, that's real leather on the lipstick.

Givenchy, Mac & Shanghai Suzy.

Left to right: Givenchy, Shanghai Suzy & Mac. They are all pink shades, however the Shanghai Suzi kinda has a red undertone to it.

Left to right.
Givenchy - Rose Perfecto: sheer dark pink shade
Mac - Girl About Town:  matte hot pink 
Shanghai Suzy - Miss Melissa: matte fuchsia 


If you guys are looking for a budget lipstick, I'd really recommend trying out the Shanghai Suzy ones. They come in a range of different colours, smell like bubblegum, are super pigmented and best of all, they only cost $12.50 each. (Check their website for a list of stockists and shades)

Oli xx

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments: